Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Everything

Here lately I've really been getting into the Word and praying and just spending time with God alone worshiping Him.  The huge blessing in being here in Louisiana with virtually no friends is that I have a lot of alone time to do this, and nobody but myself to distract me from it.  In this time, God has put a growing passion in my heart for Him.  I look forward to being by myself because I get to speak with Him.

It's funny...It's not like I couldn't have this before.  I haven't followed any set formula to get here.  I haven't changed my behavior to be "acceptable enough" to talk to Him.  I've simply made time for Him; and I've found that giving him just a little quality time sets off a chain reaction.  A few minutes lead to an hour. And then two, three, etc etc.  And in this time, God changes my heart.  Then, my behavior naturally changes with my heart.  It goes beyond "setting aside some time to read my bible."  It's more than a ritual to unwind at the end of the day or to start my day.  It's letting go of whatever issues, stresses, pains, or spiritual struggles I'm going through, placing them in His hands, and diving into all that He is.  When I let go of myself and put my mind on Him, He works things out.  All the gargantuan struggles that I felt so threatened by just moments before are seen through His perspective.  Then they look like ants- easily squashed.

The vastness of His being is overwhelming.  It's incredible to me that I have access to it 24/7.  It is literally IN me: "You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in you..." Romans 8:9  Doesn't that just blow your mind?  The One who spoke creation out of nothingness DWELLS IN those who surrender to Him.  I am so thankful for that.  When you experience this indwelling first-hand, it is no longer possible to think of Him only in passing.  Anything short of everything is too insignificant a sacrifice.  He becomes everything.  I feel him moment by moment in the tiniest things.  I study His Word and my heart warms at the cognition of the words on the page.

Jesus, thank you so much.  Thank you for this passion you've placed within me.  Give me words and actions to use to share this love with everyone around me, and I will use them.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment